Thursday, October 30, 2008
This Saturday, November 1st, I'll be selling comics again, but this time they will be ones that have not been drawn yet. Like in olden times.*
If there is something you'd like to request, if there is a particular theme you enjoy**, or if there is a special someone in mind who you think would like a comic in time for the holidays or other special moment, Saturday is your day to order.
I don't know what time the sales will "go live", but:
1. It won't be till the afternoon.
2. I will provide ample warning. Probably 3 hours or so, like last week.
3. I don't know how long the opportunity will last. I'll sell them till I think it's too much for me to handle, given my various other civic and familial responsibilities.
Even if you just want a random comic, you can order. Don't feel like you need to come up with something. Or if you just have a general idea, that's fine too.
Also note: I'll send them as I draw them, so if you order a comic, it may show up in your mailbox (in 1 to 4 weeks, usually no longer) before you see it here, if it ends up here at all.***
Also also note: feel free to email me with questions or concerns. My email is ak (at symbol) adamkoford (then you type a dot) com.
I'll also be adding stuff to my zazzle store in time for the holidays (perhaps even a skateboard****), and am open to requests.
And lastly, you may notice in the comic above, the word ZOO in the background. I asked my great-grandfather about that, to which he responded, "There, on the mountaintop, they've got some wild, wild life." When I pointed out the fact that there did not appear to be any fences or structures you would commonly associate with a zoo, and that it seemed like a really inconvenient place for it, he just laughed and hung up the phone on me*****.
**I'm really trying to avoid "fail" comics.
***In rare cases, they don't show up here at all for a variety of reasons.
****though I doubt it.
*****I'm not sure exactly where he was calling from. It's been very difficult to reach him lately. I thought I could hear the ocean in the background though.
at 11:07 PM
Tuesday, October 28, 2008
Sunday, October 26, 2008
Saturday, October 25, 2008
1. The sale will take place on etsy. Here is the link.
2. To see the comics which will be sold, click here.
3. Most of the comics are on "archival" paper, but a couple dozen are not and will look like the image above. They are on white paper, drawn in ink, with the yellow sketch (marker) clearly visible (though not so clearly as in the above photo). Some are also a bit larger than 4x6 (the standard size for the archival ones).
4. The sale will begin at approximately 5pm Pacific, in a little over three hours from the time this blog entry was posted.
5. The price will be $21.00, including shipping worldwide.
6. They may be posted in waves, or even one at a time, depending on how well etsy works with this sort of thing. This is my first time using them to sell comics, so there may be a few bumps.
at 2:42 PM
Friday, October 24, 2008
I do not yet know the time at which the sale will begin. I will provide at least three hours warning (placing it, in all probability, sometime in the afternoon or early evening).
Thank you for your patience.
There will be a comic posted tonight, but only after I attend a dinner theater murder mystery thing with my wife, which I plan to solve before the completion of the salad course.
at 6:13 PM
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
Monday, October 20, 2008
1. Later tonight, #600.
2. Re: #1000: it may be revealed from the archives prematurely, even before #s 700, 800, and 900. I apologize in advance. Wait. No I don't.
3. This Saturday, October 25th, I will sell comics from the backlog on etsy.com. Here's the link so you can bookmark it now (there are no comics posted there yet, only drawings of nude people).
There are about 70 or so comics in the backlog, so hopefully everyone who wants to buy one will have ample opportunity. The price will be $21.00 (the additional one dollar is to cover the etsy fees), and they will be sent the following week. The exact time of the sale is yet to be determined.
4. I will also be taking requests, briefly, in the near future. Watch this blog for an announcement.
5. #'s 3 and 4 may be your final chances to purchase original comics before the holidays.
6. There's still zazzle, though, and I do plan on adding more stuff there.
7. Tomorrow: John Hodgman's 700 Mole-Men and the book in which their various occupations will be exposed. Also keep an eye out for the internet based collaborative drawing project related therewith.
8. Finally, speaking of Hodgman: look, he's a guest blogger on boingboing this week. Worlds collide.
9. I had better stop typing and get back to #600.
at 7:55 PM
Thursday, October 16, 2008
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
Thursday, October 09, 2008
Wednesday, October 08, 2008
#500 has been a long time coming.
#'s 600, 700, 800, and 900 are planned for the (hopefully) near future.
The original line art for this will be sent to a random fan club member, chosen from the first group that signed up way back when. I'll let the winner decide if they want to announce who they are when this arrives in the mail.
at 9:34 PM