Friday, October 12, 2007

Fan club business: keeping a lid on the worm can


Gummy Worms
Originally uploaded by merfam.

Two issues which have been raised over on teh flickr as of late:
I'm in the fan club, can I assume the comics are posted in the order in which they will be sent, and therefore somehow determine which will be mine?
AND
Can I lay claim to one of the comics I've seen come through recently?
The answer to both of these questions is a heartfelt and lovingly proffered no. I don't want to turn member against member after all. I've seen this sort of thing spin out of control before (elsewhere--it wasn't an art thing) and it's no fun for anyone.
You can, however, mark the comic(s) you like as a favorite, and when the time comes to assemble the membership packets I will see what I can do. I can't make any promises, as I'm not the most adept of logistical tacticians.
If this rubs you the wrong way or otherwise angers you, please feel free to email me and something can be arranged I'm sure.
That said, the next post will also be of interest to fan club members.