Here is the 200th Laugh-Out-Loud Cats comic, currently up for auction on ebay with a starting bid of $0.99.
Friday, August 31, 2007
Thursday, August 30, 2007
Sorry. There will be some tomorrow, and maybe the ever-elusive #200.
In the meantime, enjoy YOU WILL GO TO THE MOON.
And to answer the most recent question posted in the comments wondering if some sort of familial relationship between Kitteh and Pip will be revealed in #200: NO! It's about ducks!*
Good night all.
*not to belabor the point, but over on flickr someone expressed concern with the rough handling ducks** have been receiving in the comic. I don't condone duck throttling any more than Hagar's creator encourages the sacking of London.
**No actual ducks have been harmed in the creation of the Laugh-Out-Loud Cats comics.
at 11:29 PM
Wednesday, August 29, 2007
Here are pertinent details regarding the previously mentioned Laugh-Out-Loud Cats #200:
It'll be in color.
It'll be larger than usual.
A secret will be revealed!
It will be put up for auction on ebay.
Pip will not be appearing.
I'm not sure when it'll be up.
at 9:58 PM
Well, sort of. Len Peralta, of monsterbymail.com is about to wrap up his creepily successful Summer of the Zombies. You have until Friday to order one if you haven't already.
at 9:51 PM
Tuesday, August 28, 2007
Monday, August 27, 2007
Here is an update in list form:
1. A few more cats drawn, waiting to be scanned. Thanks again to everyone who has ordered.
2. It has come to my attention that one of the cartoons ordered in early July never made it to it's destination. This should not be so and I shall rectify it shortly. If you ordered a cartoon prior to August 21 and have not received it by the end of this week, please let me know.
3. I finally finished Harry Potter. I totally figured out something about the ending. My wife hates when I do that.
4. I played a wii for the first time this evening. Some friends brought it over. I rock teh golf. Much more so than in real life, where I merely stink up the links.
5. More information regarding the yet-to-be-revealed Laugh-Out-Loud Cats #200 will be made known tomorrow. Here's a little teaser: after reading it, perhaps you too will hate ducks (at least within the confines of this little world I've created. Please do not harm any real ducks on my account. Unless you need to in order to survive.)
6. Finally, I have no idea what's going on in the photo above. Enjoy!
at 11:01 PM
Saturday, August 25, 2007
Friday, August 24, 2007
Thursday, August 23, 2007
12 Thing About the Laugh-Out-Loud Cats
1. I use Faber Castell PITT pens, sizes B and S. B for brush, S for small. I've heard the pentel brush pen is nice, but I haven't been able to find one locally.
2. I don't use a model sheet or a turnaround of any kind. Their sizes are probably inconsistent from comic to comic, but I don't mind if you don't mind.
3. I still haven't quite figured out their hands.
4. Sometimes I forget the tails. In those cases, just assume they are sitting on them.
5. I try to include both Kitteh and Pip in each comic. There will be exceptions to this in the future (see #10).
6. No close ups. Even when one is in the foreground and obstructed by something, I make sure that if they were unobstructed you would still see teh whole cat.
7. Kitteh has a fang.
8. I need to include more females.
9. Pip is very much based on my youngest son, and his voice is the voice I hear in my head when I write 'em.
10. Earlier this evening I figured out how it will end. Not when, but how.
11. There are currently no plans to publish these in book form. That doesn't mean there won't be, but I don't want to self publish.
12. I had no idea it would ever come this far and have no plans on quitting.
Wednesday, August 22, 2007
Number 200 is fast approaching. I'll try to have something special for the momentousness.
A couple of quick points to make for those who may be new to these parts:
1. You can own an original Laugh-Out-Loud Cats drawing like the one you see here. See the button at right, near the top, for details.
2. But you can't own this one. Here's how it works: I get the order, I draw teh cats. Then I send it. Everything you see posted here or on flickr has been sent or is about to be.
3. I'm happy to oblige requests, within reason. I won't add ads or anything like that, but if you have a specific LOLism you like, I'll see what I can do. I'm also trying to keep things on the all-ages level, though there have been some rather oblique references along the way.
4. Once again, and I cannot say this enough: thanks!
at 10:02 AM