Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Seven Things


Seven
Originally uploaded by Kevin.

As you may have seen in the comments, I have been tagged with the seven things thing. I don't usually do this, but here are seven things you don't know about me. Or maybe you do. Some of these I may have mentioned before.

1. I once took a lie detector test and successfully lied. It was nothing nefarious, but part of a university sponsored study where participants got $40 for taking the test.
2. I once got lost in the mountains of New Mexico with a couple of other Boy Scouts.
3. I went to the same high school as Jackson Pollock (technically speaking. He didn't live in Riverside (the town I grew up in) long, but while he was there the high school he attended eventually evolved into the one I went to, even though the campus had moved by then. But still.)
4. I don't have/want cable or satellite tv. Just rabbit ears.
5. My actual grandfather was an actual hobo for a Summer long ago. I think I've mentioned that here before, but it bears repeating.
6. My wife and I lived in Burbank for a little over a year right after we got married. We loved it there. She worked as a temp at a major movie studio and wandered around like she owned the place, often sneaking on to movie sets and meeting random celebrities. I worked as a temp for a medical management company in Canoga Park and loathe nearly everything about the health insurance industry as a result. Also, given the opportunity, I would happily return to California.
7. I have a friend from high school who still calls me on a regular basis from work and has for the past 10 years or so.

I have tagged seven other people with this thing, but will not mention who they are here even though I'm probably supposed to.