Friday, April 18, 2008

Confessions for a Friday evening


Geek Spot, originally uploaded by macinate.


A few things I should probably admit to (feel free to harangue me or post your own admissions in the comments):

I've only ever played the original NES Zelda once, and it was a couple of nights ago. So far, I still like Kid Icarus better (though I should probably invest another 22 years of play before I make a judgment).

I can count the number of Star Trek episodes I've seen: 20-ish. And that's from all of the series. I've only seen 3 of the movies (maybe 3. Is there one with whales and nuclear war, or am I thinking of Superman?).

I've never played D&D (though I did roll and draw a few characters).

Aside from a 15-year-old Sega Genesis, I currently do not own a gaming console.

I've only ever seen one episode of Doctor Who. The one where the Daleks finally die and the new Doctor comes on the scene.

There. That feels better.

(I don't mean to imply disdain for any of these things. It's simply stuff I haven't yet got around to, what with all the comic books and X-Files.)